Editor of Publications
Oklahoma Conference United Methodist Church
We are an established communications source serving the 500+ local United Methodist Churches and agencies in the Oklahoma area.
- Proven excellence in writing and editing of news media
- Productive at working independently
- Successful in work under pressure: organize, multitask, prioritize, create, produce, meet deadlines
- Proficient in using digital equipment: professional camera with multiple lenses, voice recorder, desktop computer/laptop/tablet/smartphone
- Proficient in computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Adobe CC Photoshop and InDesign with newspaper, graphic layout skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new software and technology
This position includes being the editor of Contact, a United Methodist newspaper produced monthly. The position requires a substantial knowledge about the mission, structure, and operations of The United Methodist Church at all levels.
For a detailed job description, contact Nyla Wallin at email@example.com. To apply, send your resume, samples of writing and experience either by email: or send to: Nyla Wallin, Communications Ministry, 1501 NW 24th St., Oklahoma City, OK 73106.
We are now receiving applications. Application deadline is May 11.