SOUTH CENTRAL JURISDICTION MISSION COUNCIL
Article II, Section 4, 2012 SCJ Conference Journal states:
ARTICLE II. OFFICERS
Section 4. There shall be a jurisdiction staff person called the Executive Director of Mission and Administration. This is a quarter to half-time position.The duties of the Executive Director of Mission and Administration shall be:
- Serve as the primary administrative officer of the Jurisdiction to enhance the mission efforts of the Jurisdiction, its agencies, and the Annual Conferences of the Jurisdiction.
- Promote, implement and coordinate the program of the Jurisdiction as defined by The Conference and its agencies.
- Serve as the primary staff person of the Jurisdictional Mission Council and all other entities of the Jurisdiction as needed.
- Serve, or assign others to serve, as the coordinator of jurisdictional workshops, conferences, schools, and other types of meetings of a jurisdictional nature.
- Serve as an ex officio Trustee, with vote, of Mount Sequoyah Conference and Retreat Center, Lydia Patterson Institute, SMU Wesley Foundation and Southern Methodist University.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Jurisdictional Mission Council.
Nominations of candidates must be submitted no later than April 10, 2015, to allow a nominated candidate to submit an application by April 30, 2015.
Applications for the position will be received until April 30, 2015. A resume and cover letter may be submitted electronically by sending them to the Rev. Daniel Garcia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail, postmarked by April 30, 2015, to:
Rev. Daniel Garcia
8001 NW 59th Ct.
Tamarac, FL 33321
Applications will be reviewed and candidates selected for personal interviews will be notified by May 31, 2015.
Finalists should be available for a face to face interview in Dallas, Texas on July 7-8, 2015 at a site to be determined.
Requirements for Candidates
In addition to being able to perform duties as set out in the job description, the executive director of the Mission Council shall reside within the boundaries of the South Central Jurisdiction.
Experience as a General Conference delegate is desirable; experience as a delegate to either (or both) of the 2008 and/or 2012 jurisdictional conferences is required.
REMINDER: This is not a full-time position.
It is expected that the person nominated to fill the position of executive director will be elected at the annual meeting of the South Central Jurisdiction Mission Council in September, 2015 and will be available on January 1, 2016 to begin service on a per diem basis until after the Jurisdictional Conference in July, and the selected candidate will begin duties as executive director on September 1, 2016.